Thank you for your continued patience.
JULY 2021 UPDATE
As we enter stage 3 of BC’s Restart Plan, we will continue to require our patients to do the following things:
- masks are required of all patients age 2+ inside the clinic at all times
- hand washing upon entry into our clinic (our staff will guide you to a sink)
- non-contact temperature check upon entry
- appointments for all visits
- pick ups are more flexible (as long as you’re able to give us a heads up of time frame it should be okay)
- glasses viewings will still require appointments so that we can control patient flow inside the clinic
We have decided that as a medical facility, we will continue to implement these policies to keep our staff and patients safe. When BC has reached 75% second dose vaccination, we will make the appropriate changes.
Currently, our doctor is fully vaccinated and all of our staff have their first dose.
We will continue to do the following for our patients:
- cleaning of surfaces in between patients
- sanitizing of glasses after they’ve been tried on
- controlling patient flow to allow for space for each patient/family/party
Thank you for your understanding. We hope that everyone is staying safe this summer!
Picking glasses should be a joyful experience but it is hard to have fun if you’re worried about who last touched those glasses. Appointments for viewing/purchasing glasses will be required to help us give individuals their own space in our gallery and allow us to disinfect frames and surfaces in between each client.
The best way to prevent the spread of illness is to clean frequently touched surfaces. Guidance from the WHO and the BCCDC explains mechanical washing with the use of soap before disinfecting is the best way to remove many pathogens.
- After every session, Wink staff will take any glasses touched and run them through our ultrasonic bath with soap for 5 minutes. Each pair will be dried by hand and ready to be put on by the next excited customer.
- Wink staff will be masked and gloved for yours and our protection.
- Equipment will continue to be disinfected after every use as we always have.
Your safety will be and has always been our top priority. We will update our safety protocols on a continual basis to keep in line with the latest official documentation.
Labs are still operating but at lower capacity so expect your order to take 1.5 – 2 weeks. Contact lens orders have the option of having them shipped to your home instead of coming to our office to pick them up – expect these to take 1.5 – 2 weeks as well depending on the delivery company.